The Column

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Whoops - speaking of being full of it ...

Chimp Brain in a jar by Gaetan Lee.
I'm not sure where my brain was when I wrote a missive a few days ago about Vice President Joe Biden's take on the 2010 Congressional elections a few days ago. Here's what I said:

"The Democrats currently hold a 60-40 majority in Congress. While losing those seats wouldn't take the majority away from Obama's party ..."

One problem. The 60-40 margin I mentioned is in the Senate, not the House -- which is the body Biden was referring to when he spoke at a fundraiser. Here's what I wrote about that:

"At stake is a block of 35 Congressional seats in traditionally Republican districts that are now filled by Democrats. Biden said Team Obama is pinning its hopes on hanging on to those seats in the midterm election."

Here I was referring to the House of Representatives, as was Biden. Not quite the same as the Senate. D'oh!

Still, those 35 seats in the House won't be enough to give the majority to the Republicans, but Biden feels it's enough to cripple ObamaNation.

Maybe Biden's tendency to talk first and think about it later is catching.



No comments: