The Column

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Some new six-figure jobs

(This is gonna get me in trouble. I just know it.)

According to the Rehava Realtors blog, here are some careers one could consider if he's interested in making the big bucks. All of these have a top range of better than $100,000 per year:

- Actuaries
- Dental hygenists
- Marketing managers
- Computer software engineers
- Medical and health service managers
- Human resources managers

OK. I can understand the dental hygenists and computer software engineers, but I'm thinking about the others on the list: Do they actually do anything useful?

I guess that's a key to riches these days, with apologies to BT Overdrive: Work hard at nothing all day.

2 comments:

Raymond said...

I just read About.com's top 10 job site list, they added two new sites:

www.linkedin.com (networking)
www.realmatch.com (matches you to the perfect job)

Whole Top 10 list here:
http://jobsearch.about.com/od/joblistings/tp/jobbanks.htm

Anonymous said...

Ray, thanks for the input. From just a cursory scan, that realmatch site looks interesting. The other? Of course I'm 'linkedin.'