The Column

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I'm spreading the love and vitriol

Ahh, widening the audience a bit ...

You will see more of my pithy commentary, dead-on analyses, and general snarkiness at a new site.

No, I'm not shutting The Column down ... don't even think that for a moment.

Instead, you'll find me doing some more things, as mentioned in an earlier post.

I'm now writing for The Examiner, a Web site for news and commentary. Officially I'm listed as the "Charleston Conservative Examiner," and so far that's not inaccurate. While my political tastes are definitely more libertarian, most of the views are on the right-hand (red) side of the aisle. Close enough for hand-grenade tossing, anyway.

(Why did I use that analogy?)

Anyway, though there isn't anything written on the site yet, check me out at examiner.com anyway ... and tell them I sent ya.

###


What's that word again?

vit⋅ri⋅ol  [vi-tree-uhl] noun, verb, -oled, -ol⋅ing or (especially British) -olled, -ol⋅ling.
–noun
1. Chemistry. any of certain metallic sulfates of glassy appearance, as copper sulfate or blue vitriol, iron sulfate or green vitriol, zinc sulfate or white vitriol, etc.
2. oil of vitriol; sulfuric acid.
3. something highly caustic or severe in effect, as criticism.
–verb (used with object)
4. to treat with or as with vitriol, esp. sulfuric acid.
Origin:
1350–1400; ME

That's what a bunch of politicians need. Spread it around like you don't own it!

Thanks to the wonderful folks at dictionary.com.

No comments: