The Column

Monday, January 18, 2010

Fewer blog posts? Here's what's going on ...

Y'all may notice my posts were less frequent the last few days.

The upshot is that I'm getting busy with a little freelance work; doing the same thing I have been, only it'll be stuff that pays. While I never minded doing this kind of work for love, cash is the coin of the realm these days and you'll still love me anyway.

Or something.

Meanwhile, in the next few weeks, these things may or may not happen:

  • The Column, Reloaded and associated blogs may move to a new domain, and it'll be mine own. The likely domain name will be ericsomething.com, but even that's not carved in anything right now. This is at the top of my to-do list. Although I have no problems with blogspot.com, it's time to take that next logical step.
It's kind of like this: If you're running a business, is it better to run it from a location that you own, or from one that you rent or borrow? Yeah, thought so.
  • This move will likely create glitches for my current subscribers, but we'll all work together on this and hopefully get it all straightened out with a minimum of fuss & bother.
  • Going with that, expect some layout changes. I downloaded the fixins for Wordpress, and am playing with it as we speak. That will be the backbone for the new blogs, and hopefully the end product will look a whole lot better than that clustered-up layout I now have.
  • You'll see me doing more things, all over the Web. Some of this may include some of the stuff I've been writing here, only for new audiences. Expect links to the good stuff.

In the long run, don't expect any real cutbacks here. The Column, Reloaded will still be what it is. The Workbench, Reloaded and The Jam Session, Reloaded, will remain what they are. In fact I may throw more emphasis in the music blog; it hasn't existed very long and already seems to have "flagship" written all over it.

As this project progresses, I'll fire off a few updates. But somewhere in the mix I'll still find time and room for news.

In the meantime, y'all hang in there. The next few weeks will be fun.

###




No comments: