The Column

Friday, April 30, 2010

About those comments ...

I get 'em every once in a while, and I like 'em.
Yeah, every once in a while I get reader comments.
But lately, I've been getting a sack full of comments that have little to do with the subject matter in the post, and carry some link to some strange site that I can not endorse.
OK. That said, here's my comment policy:
  • Any that are written in a language I cannot understand, I will reject. I might run it through a translator and if the comment makes sense I'll post the translation in English. But for the most part I will delete.
  • Any comments that have nothing to do with the subject matter, I will reject.
  • Any comments with a link, I will check out. If it's something useful to my readers, I may run it. Otherwise I will reject.
  • Other link posters, please email me and we'll discuss advertising rates.
  • Comments that meet the criteria outlined above (in English, understandable, germane to the topic, and not an attempt at free advertising) I will run. I will probably answer those.
Enjoy reading, and let's stay on topic. Cool?

###

2 comments:

Lati said...

What if it's a comment asking if you'll post our comments? ;) Love your new stuff!

Anonymous said...

Those are the cool kind of comments. And hey, this one was in English too.