The Column

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Letter from the editor: New home for The Column

Excuse the plaster, dust, and drywall all over the place. The Column, Reloaded is remodeling. Moving into new digs.

For several months this example of bloggery has been on a different site, different service, all of that good stuff. It's probably not a real good idea to switch horses in midstream under most circumstances, but there are reasons for the switch.

I get a little more flexibility with Blogspot, and I can do a lot more with it. Instead of the old "linkable, clickable news," you can just go to the sidebar and grab whatever news stories are there ... things that have caught my interest. That's one example. Plus, I can add a news ticker at the bottom, creating more of an all-news experience -- and more reasons for you, the reader, to stick around for a while.

Eventually I might import some of my old entries to the new site, but I'm in no hurry. In the interim -- and this might be the permanent solution -- you can find my past work on my old Wordpress site, via this link. Feel free to click on it, there's plenty of other good stuff there.

Enjoy the new site. And welcome to The Column, Reloaded. I've been expecting you.

No comments: