The Column

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Another Friday the 13th? Have a lucky day ...

Has anyone noticed we will have Friday the 13th for two consecutive months?

That's right. You thought you made it through the one this month, but sit tight. Another one is coming in a couple of weeks.

Two consecutive Friday the 13ths are as rare as, well, as the aforementioned "perfect month." In fact, this phenomenon can only occur when there is such a symmetrical February, so the next time this happens will, again, be in 2015. But don't take my word for it. Check any so-called perpetual calendar to see this -- you may find it in your phone directory, and definitely in something like the World Almanac.

My thoughts on Friday the 13th? Balderdash. A bunch of hooey. Hogwash. Bushwah. But then, I'm one who charges ahead without seeing whether I'm walking under ladders. I break mirrors simply by looking at them in the morning. And, back in my Nevada days, one must-pick number on my Keno tickets was 13 (I often won, too).

I do draw the line at black cats crossing my path, though. Especially when I'm not looking where I'm going.


No comments: